People who are rounded, lush, broad-boned, and usually short in stature are of the type known as endomorphs. It is very difficult for them to fight with excess weight, and often their efforts do not lead to success. But it is possible to make the body attractive for this type of build. In order to do this it is necessary to eat right and create a correct program of fitness activities.
Fitness rules for endomorphs
Most endomorphs, trying to translate their fat deposits into muscle mass, work with very large weights and favor only basic exercises. However, for them, fitness should be built on other principles:
- Moderate weight-bearing.
- Intensive training.
- Short rest between approaches.
- Training – at least 4 times a week.
- The duration of the workout is at least 1.5 hours.
- Basic exercises should be performed in conjunction with isolation exercises.
- The presence of cardio loads in the fitness program is obligatory. It is desirable not to combine cardio and power loads in one workout, but to separate them by day or by time.
- The duration of a cardio workout should be at least 40 minutes.
Nutrition for people with large physiques
The nutrition of many endomorphs is also mostly wrong. Trying to lose weight, they reduce the number of meals or refuse to eat at all for a certain period of time. Thus, without a regular eating schedule, at the end of the diet a depleted body builds up reserves in the form of fat deposits, and the weight increases again.
To reduce weight, people with this type of physique must follow a proper dietary regimen. It should be fractional. That is, the daily diet is divided into a certain number of meals. Endomorphs need from 6 to 10 of them.
The time interval between meals should be the same. And even if there is no appetite, you still need to eat by a certain time. This approach will speed up the metabolism, weight will be reduced and muscles will grow (subject to regular fitness training).
When formulating a diet, the following principles should be observed:
- Give preference to foods with a high protein content (at least 2 g per 1 kg of weight), and reduce fat consumption as much as possible (no more than 10% of the total diet for the day).
- Carbohydrates should come exclusively from cereals (buckwheat, rice, etc.).
Simple carbohydrates are forbidden. They are not good for the body and only accumulate in the form of fat deposits. It is important to control the amount of carbohydrates consumed per day. It should not exceed 1/3 of the total diet. Excessive carbohydrates contribute to the release of sugar into the blood, which in turn slows down the metabolism.
- It is acceptable to consume carbohydrates in the first half of the day or 2 hours before a workout.
If you consume them in the evening, the energy derived from them will not have time to be used up and will be converted into fatty deposits overnight.
- It is necessary to consume plenty of pure water without gas.
It is better to exclude drinks with additives, sugar and dyes. Immediately after a fitness session you can drink a carbohydrate shake. During this period, they are quickly processed and contribute to the recovery of the body.
- It is desirable to include fish oil in the diet.
It helps with cellular repair, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, increases stress tolerance and reduces the risk of diabetes. And these diseases often occur in overweight people.
- You should eat enough fruits and vegetables to replenish your body with vitamins and minerals.
But for those who exercise regularly, this may not be enough. Therefore, it is recommended that active fans of a healthy lifestyle take special vitamin and mineral complexes.
How to make up a proper exercise program for endomorphs?
People with this physique should allocate much more time and effort to fitness exercises to achieve results. For this purpose it is necessary to listen to the recommendations of experts:
- You should train every day, allotting one day a week for rest. Rest is mandatory, because the body needs to recover.
- It is ideal to practice 2 workouts a day. In the morning you can do cardio workouts, and in the evening you can do strength training. It is important not to overexert yourself.
- You should divide your workouts for different muscle groups by day. For example, alternate exercises for the upper body and lower body.
- There should be up to 10 repetitions in each approach. Rest between approaches – no more than 2 minutes.
- You should perform 1 basic exercise and 1-2 isolation exercises for each muscle group in one workout.
- You should use supersets in your workouts.
The main thing is not to try to do all the exercises of the program in one workout. You have to alternate them on different days.
Tips for losing weight for endomorph women
Nutrition in women with this physique should be based on the same principles as in men. The only difference is the amount of food. For women, the daily ration is usually a little smaller.
Most women practice the use of various dietary supplements for weight loss. This should not be done without consulting a doctor.
The principles of fitness training for women have some peculiarities:
- There should be at least 3-4 cardio workouts per week.
- You should work out until you feel tired, not until your muscles completely fail. Otherwise your appetite will increase, and it will be difficult to restrain yourself.
- You don’t have to put a lot of emphasis on pumping your abs.
- In one strength training session it is necessary to work all muscle groups. This is the main difference between women’s workouts and men’s workouts.
Of course, it is unlikely that women with this type of physique will be able to make their figure slim and thin. But it is quite possible to remove excess fat, tighten the whole body and emphasize the advantages.
Endomorphic men can worry less about this. They don’t need a thin waist or shapely legs. If you eat right and work out regularly, you can quickly tighten your stomach and make your body look sculpted.
The articles on this site are for information purposes only. The site administrators are not responsible for attempting to apply any recipe, advice or diet, nor do they guarantee that the information provided will help or harm you personally. Be cautious and always consult a doctor or nutritionist!
*All products recommended by thefirstdoc.com are selected by our editorial team. Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you help us earn a small commission from the seller and thus support the writing of useful and quality articles.